The Repair Tool can be used to replenish the health of the Seamoth, Prawn Suit and Cyclops. It can also repair breaches that appear in the Aurora's generator room, thus causing the radiation to begin to dissipate, or to fix holes in the hull of the Cyclops and most Seabase modules. It can be used to repair the sparks coming from the panel on the left of the Fabricator in Lifepod 5. This repairs it and changes the way the Lifepod looks. The Repair Tool can also be used to repair the Lifepod's Radio, which fixes it and allows messages to come through.
If a Bleeder latches onto the player's arm, the player can use the Repair Tool to hit the Bleeder.
Uses in Crafting
Cyclops Upgrade Fabricator
Data Bank Entry
The repair tool can be targeted at any common device - control panels, habitat modules, radios etc. - to stitch wires and seams back together at the atomic level. All good technicians keep one of these under their pillow.
Most people don't care why it works, just that it saved their life that one time - but in case you're curious, it combines scanner and fabricator technologies to determine the proper specifications for the targeted object, and then rearranges the available physical material to match the original specs.
'The Alterra Repair Tool: Get your fix.'
- The idea for the Repair Tool may be taken from Natural Selection 2, where the Welder is used to repair various machinery, much like this one.
- The original name for the Repair Tool was the Welder.
- Currently unused animations from Trello suggests that the Repair Tool would have operated using consumable canisters of welding material, rather than batteries.
- In former versions of the game, a Repair Tool and a Diamond was used to create the Laser Cutter.
- ↑ https://trello.com/c/IRfkznWA/2282-welder-animation Dated December 3, 2014.