The Repair Tool can be used to replenish the health of the Seamoth and Prawn Suit. It can also repair breaches that form in the generator room in the Aurora, thus causing the radiation to begin to dissipate, or to fix holes in the hull of the Cyclops and most Seabase modules. It can also be used to repair the sparks coming from the panel on the left of the Fabricator in Lifepod 5. This repairs it and changes the way the Lifepod looks. The Repair Tool can also be used to repair the Lifepod's Radio, which fixes it and allows messages to come through.
If a Bleeder latches onto the player's arm, the player can use the Repair Tool to hit the Bleeder.
Uses in CraftingEdit
Cyclops Upgrade FabricatorEdit
Data Bank EntryEdit
The repair tool stitches wires and seams back together at an atomic level, directed by an onboard AI. All good technicians keep one of these under their pillow.
'The Alterra Repair Tool: Get your fix.'
- The idea for the Repair Tool may be taken from Natural Selection 2, where the Welder is used to repair various machinery, much like this one.
- The original name for the Repair Tool was the Welder.
- Currently unused animations from Trello suggests that the Repair Tool would have operated using consumable canisters of welding material, rather than batteries.
- In former versions of the game, the Welder and a Diamond was used to create the Laser Cutter.
- ↑ https://trello.com/c/IRfkznWA/2282-welder-animation Dated December 3, 2014.