The Waterproof Locker is intended to be used in the ocean, but can also be placed inside of a Seabase. When dropped, it floats in the water similarly to the Beacon and can store up to sixteen items in a 4x4 space. It takes up a 2x2 space in the inventory. Once dropped, it cannot be picked up unless it has an empty inventory.
An editable label is located on the top of the Waterproof Locker. It can support up to ten characters.
It is useful for players who need extra storage, but have not yet built a Seabase or Cyclops.
- Place the Waterproof Locker anywhere by dropping it with .
- Press while looking at the top of the locker to access the storage.
- Press while looking at the label to edit the label. While editing, press on the colored dot to change the color of the label.
- Press anywhere else on it to pick up.
Note that the Waterproof Locker cannot be picked up if it has items inside of it.
- The Waterproof Locker was originally the Small Storage Cube which was a storage item that had to be placed on the terrain in-game. Unlike its current form (the Waterproof Locker), it did not float.
- The Waterproof Locker originally took up 4x4 (16) spaces in the player's inventory before being changed to the current 2x2 (4).