Vehicles are machines for exploration and transportation available to the player after acquiring their fragments. Vehicles are divided into deployables, which are crafted using the Fabricator and are carried by the player, and vessels, which are crafted using the Mobile Vehicle Bay and are piloted.
|Seaglide||Converts torque into thrust underwater via propeller.||9.5||
Forward - 12.7
Backward - 5
Lateral - 11.5
Vertical - 11
|Prawn Suit||Epic exosuit designed for navigating alien environments on foot.||
Forward - 6
Backward - 2.5
Lateral - 4
Thrust - 6
Thrust (upgraded) - 12
|Cyclops*||Vast industrial-use submarine.||
Ahead Slow - 5.4
Ahead Standard - 8.2
Ahead Flank - 10.5
|Neptune Escape Rocket||One-person planetary travel.||None||Finishing the game|
- * A save file in which the Seamoth and the Cyclops have been acquired is displayed with the respective vehicles' icons.
- One of the ideas listed for possible implementation after release is a jetpack.
- The original vehicle plans for Subnautica saw the player have access to two small subs, two medium-sized subs, and one or two large subs. Concept art can be found for these other submarines. Ultimately, the Cyclops, prioritized for its "civilian" look, took up so much time that more subs that didn't truly add new gameplay were considered a bad investment of resources and were scrapped.
- ↑ Jetpack card on the roadmap page on Trello
- ↑ Cory Strader talks about the submarines on the UWE forums