Vehicles are either explorable scenery or essential tools available to the player after acquiring their fragments. The usable vehicles are divided in deployables, which are crafted using the Fabricator and can be carried around, and vessels, which require the Mobile Vehicle Bay to be crafted and can only be driven around.
|Seaglide||Converts torque into thrust underwater via propeller.||Terrain map|
|Prawn Suit||Walk on the ocean floor.|
|Cyclops*||Vast industrial-use submarine.|
|Rocket||One-person planetary travel.||Finishing the game|
- * A save file in which the Seamoth and the Cyclops have been acquired is displayed with the respective vehicles' icons.
|Lifepod 5||The player's starting point in the game. Accessible.|
|Destroyed Lifepods||The other ten lifepods that were launched before the crash.||Explorable|
|Aurora||Crash-landed habitation vessel. Emits Radiation. Accessible after explosion.||Explorable|
|Sunbeam||Failed rescue attempt of the player. Destroyed by the Quarantine Enforcement Platform.||Destroyed|
- One of the ideas listed for possible implementation after release is a jetpack. And while not technically a vehicle, another mode of transportation considered is teleportation technology.
- The Degasi and any of its lifepods were taken apart by the survivors for resources prior to the events of the game.
- The original vehicle plans for Subnautica saw the player have access to two small subs, two medium-sized subs, and one or two large subs. Concept Art exists for these other submarines. Ultimately, the Cyclops, prioritized for its "civilian" look, took up so much time that more subs that don't truly add new gameplay were considered a bad investment of resources and scrapped.
- ↑ Jetpack card on the roadmap page on Trello
- ↑ Teleporter Room card on the roadmap page on Trello
- ↑ Cory Strader talks about the submarines on the UWE forums