Time Capsules are in development items. When players investigate Destroyed Lifepods, they sometimes find Time Capsules left by other players that have beaten the game. The Time Capsules contain special messages and pictures that are added to the player's Steam inventory, where they can be displayed, traded, or sold. 
- Findable time capsules vanish on pick-up. Contained loot goes into inventory, text and photo go in the encyclopedia.
- Only one customizable time capsule per game. Capsule is locked in a console/terminal that is part of the rocket. Capsule console can be interacted with. Capsule itself not pickupable.
- Time capsule gets ejected during blast off.
- Time capsule can contain only one picture and a long text in a select language. (By default the language the game is set to).
- When the capsule gets ejected, its contents go to a website for moderation. Capsules that get enough upvotes get seeded into other player's worlds.
- Time capsules will be able to be found all around the world, typically in the mid-depths. A few will typically be found per game.
- Time capsules are not picked up. Instead, time capsules break open when you click them. Their contents are added to your inventory and the player sees a notification that they've received a time capsule.
- The picture(s) and written text from the time capsule appear in the PDA Encyclopedia, in a new section.
- After the player has built their rocket platform, in the cockpit they will find a "built-in" where an empty time capsule sits. If the player clicks the time capsule, they can edit it.
- After editing the time capsule, there is a mechanical sound and animation, as the capsule gets "sucked in" to the housing.
- A light that says "Time Capsule" will be inside of the rocket, being red when the player hasn't edited the time capsule, and green when they have.
- Capsules are upvoted through a special web-site and aren't seeded into games until they get X number of upvotes.
- During the launch sequence, there is an audio/visual part where the time capsule is ejected.
- Time capsules will be held back until v1.0.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_YFAneAMUyX3uHBU-zORdWaKY-fqbmGzeI0Dy6Ry-dw/edit# Dated June 7th, 2017.