|This article is about the Survival Knife. You may be looking for the Hardened Blade or the Thermoblade.|
The Survival Knife's main function is to procure samples of certain flora and corals, such as Creepvine Samples and Coral Samples. Though it can be used as a weapon, its damage and range are limited, and there is no real benefit to killing fauna in the first place.
If a Bleeder latches onto the player's arm, the player can use the Survival Knife to stab the Bleeder.
- Obraxis Prime is a reference to one of Subnautica's developers, Scott MacDonald, who goes by the alias of Obraxis.
- Markings on the Survival Knife indicate that it was made by "Alterra Arms Incorporated". Alterra is a corporation also known from the game Natural Selection 2, which was developed by Unknown Worlds Entertainment.
- One upgrade that was intended for the Survival Knife included adding poison damage to the knife. It is unknown if this will be added in future updates.
- Survival Knife animations that were never implemented can be viewed here.
- The Survival Knife originally had durability, but it was removed due to it being deemed useless.