The Subnautica soundtracks were composed by Simon Chylinski. Around January 18, 2018, the official album was gifted to all buyers of the game version on Steam. It can be found and listened to in the Steam Library.
If the soundtracks is not in your Steam library, you can follow these steps to get the soundtrack if you are playing Subnautica on Steam.
- Go to your Steam library and right-click on the game. There should be a button that says "Properties". Click it.
- Next, click on "Local files", browse in the local files and then click on "OST". From here, create a shortcut or copy the file to music.
- Sit back, and enjoy the Subnautica's soundtracks. :)
Alternatively, you can also listen to the soundtracks in:
- (Windows 32-bit OS): "(Drive):\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\OST\"
- (Windows 64-bit OS): "(Drive):\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\OST"
It is also available from several different websites;
List of Tracks
|2||Into The Unknown||Safe Shallows|
|3||Tropical Eden||Floating Island and Safe Shallows|
|4||God Rays||Safe Shallows and the during Dangerous Creatures Update trailer|
|5||In Bloom||Kelp Forest|
|7||Sun & Moon||Kelp Forest|
|8||Finding Life||Safe Shallows|
|9||Crush Depth||Jellyshroom Cave|
|10||What are You||Primary Containment Facility|
|11||Original Inhabitants||Alien Caches|
|12||A Tendency to Float||-|
|13||Abandon Ship||End credits, fire in Cyclops|
|14||Ahead Slow||Inactive Lava Zone|
|15||Alien Expanse||Entering the Quarantine Enforcement Platform or Sparse Reef biome|
|16||Alien Passageways||Gravity Lift in the QEP|
|17||Alien Spaces||Power room in the QEP|
|18||Alterra Science||During the Alterra Science Update trailer|
|19||Amid the Kelp||Kelp Forest|
|20||Ancient Aliens||Alien Caches|
|21||Arc Lights||When in the Seamoth or Prawn Suit|
|22||Blood Crawlers||Blood Kelp Zone, Grand Reef, Deep Grand Reef|
|23||Blueprint||Aurora Prawn Bay|
|24||Bone Fields||Bone Fields|
|25||Bring a Medpack||Inactive Lava Zone, Lava Lakes, Blood Kelp Zone, and the Aurora|
|26||Buoyancy||Kelp Forest, Grassy Plateaus|
|27||Caverns||In Safe Shallows Caves|
|28||Coral Reef||Safe Shallows|
|29||Crash Site||Crash Zone|
|30||Cuddlefish||During the Cuddlefish Update Trailer|
|31||Dark Matter Reactor||When the player is in the Aurora|
|32||Exosuit||When the player is in a Prawn Suit and During the PRAWN Update trailer|
|33||Fear the Reapers||Blood Kelp Zone, Inactive Lava Zone|
|34||First Immersion||Grassy Plateaus|
|35||Ghost Tree||Tree Cove|
|36||Ghosts||During the Bones Update Trailer|
|37||Habitat||When the player is in a Seabase, the Grassy Plateaus and during the Machinery Update trailer|
|38||Infected||When the player enters the Disease Research Facility & The Infected Update trailer|
|39||Islands Beneath the Sea||In Grassy Plateaus, Sea Treader's Path, Sparse Reef and Underwater Islands.|
|40||Lava Castle||When the player is in the Lava Castle, Alien Thermal Plant or the Blood Kelp Zone|
|41||Leviathan||During the Voice of the Deep Trailer, fire in Cyclops|
|42||Cycle of Life||When the Drive Core is repaired, when the Sea Emperor dies and when the player is cured.|
|43||Lost River||When the player enters the Lost River or Grand Reef biomes|
|44||Maneuvers||Grassy Plateaus and during the Power Nap Update trailer|
|45||Mushroom Forest||When the player is in a Mushroom Forest biome|
|46||Observatory Zen||When the player is in an Observatory|
|47||Red Alert||When the Cyclops is under attack by Leviathan class predators & The Silent Running Trailer|
|48||Rock It!||During the Ghost Update Trailer|
|49||Safe in Kelp forest||When the player is in the Kelp Forests|
|50||Seamoth||Intro cutscene; When a fire is on board the Cyclops|
|51||Shadow of the Reefback||When the player is in the Grassy Plateaus|
|52||Shallows||When the player is in the Safe Shallows|
|53||Sunbeam||When the Sunbeam countdown starts, Safe Shallows|
|54||Unknown Flora||Upon arrival at the Underwater Islands|
|55||Violet Beau||Upon arrival on the Mountain Island|
|56||Lift Off||Launch of the Neptune Escape Rocket|
- Track 32, is named "Exosuit" because the original name for the Prawn Suit was Exosuit, and the track had been made prior to the name change.
- Rock It! was originally called Void and Cuddlefish was originally called Dive Buddy.
- In Alien Expanse, Donald Trump saying "China" can be heard at around 1:17.
- One track called Docking was used in the Coffee and Castles trailer but is not on OST or in the game.
- Docking was first used in Natural Selection II.
- In the properties of almost every music file, in the comments there are random characters, fun sentences, possible origins of the music, and shout outs. These were probably made by Simon Chylinski.
- Some include: Simon rules !, using a bunch of instruments from vietnam, vocals by Donald j Trump, Pros use Reaper not protools, the nope biome. y even go to this biome, stay in your base, nostalgia for the exo suit from ns2, thanks Parisa for singing :), some one had a little trouble parking their space boat, dont listen to ppl who say to not fear the reaper. u should be afriad, first track ever made for subnautica, take a souvenir, and many more.
- There is no OST for the Eye Candy trailer