The Skyray is a small, avian creature having two wings covered with white feathers. Its head, chest and wing tips are black, connected by a thin line spanning the front edge of its wings.
The head has two small, completely white eyes situated on each side, and a black beak.
The Skyray's body ends with a small, black tip in-between its short legs. Its chest bears blue and green bioluminescent markings.
Skyrays tend to congregate in small groups, often seen flying around Lifepod 5 , the Aurora, and the Islands.
Data Bank EntryEdit
- The Skyray is currently the only fauna capable of flight.
- Skyrays will drown underwater, and this includes manually spawning one inside a Seabase using Debug Console Commands.
- Despite having a Databank entry, Skyrays are not yet scannable in game.
- Aside from Cave Crawlers and Blood Crawlers, Skyrays are one of the few Fauna to be able to survive on land and outside of water.
- Some concept art shows a larger, bird-like creature with a long tail. This creature along with normal Skyrays can be seen in the cinematic trailer.
- If you stand on it, you will be able to "fly".