Signals are pings that direct the player to important story locations. Signals can be enabled and disabled using the PDA's Beacon Manager. Their colors can also be customized, like other pings.
The Signals that point towards Destroyed Lifepods are obtained from the radio, while others can be retrieved from data terminals on the Aurora and within Alien Bases. Signals that lead to Degasi Seabases can be downloaded from certain abandoned PDAs.
The various locations a Signal directs the player to are:
- Lifepod 2 (500m) - CTO Yu's lifepod sunk 500m before she abandoned it.
- Lifepod 3 (Shallows) - Crew reported their seaglide damaged.
- Lifepod 12 (250m) - Sunk to the ocean bed.
- Lifepod 13 (175m) - Carrying high priority passenger's remains
- Lifepod 17 (100m) - Stranded near a cave system and under attack
- Lifepod 19 - Second Officer Keen's last broadcast location
- Energy Pulse Source
-> Quarantine Enforcement Platform
- Alien Disease Research Facility
-> Disease Research Facility
- Thermal Plant
-> Alien Thermal Plant
- Primary Alien Facility
-> Primary Containment Facility
- Proposed Degasi habitat (250m) (Note: This one can duplicate, as two PDAs provide this signal.)
-> Jellyshroom Cave
- Proposed Degasi Habitat (500m)
-> Deep Grand Reef
- Signals, when first implemented, had no icon on the hud. They instead were pulsing white points.
- Signals were originally held in the inventory as items. They could also be equipped and simply had a placeholder model of a bright white "X".