The Signal is an item that directs the player to significant parts of the map. These take the player to important story locations, as well as to various different areas where helpful resources might be found.
By using the Signal, the player is notified of a:
- Lifepod 2 - CTO Yu reported sinking 500m before abandoning the pod
- Lifepod 3 - Crew reported their seaglide damaged
- Lifepod 4 - Zero lifesigns. Recommend investigation
- Lifepod 6 - One radiation suit on board. Requested assistance.
- Lifepod 7 - Aurora crewmember requested assistance
- Lifepod 12 - Sunk beyond 250m
- Lifepod 13 - Carrying Mongolian emissary Jochi Khasar
- Lifepod 17 - Crew reported the Seamoth bay collapsed around them
- Lifepod 19 - Second Officer Keen's last broadcast location
- Aurora Rendezvous Point (Floating Island)
The nature and the exact distance to the object are displayed on the HUD like a visual text similar to the one of a Beacon is displayed on the screen just without the blip. It seems that each Signal is bound to a single object.
Current state Edit
At the moment, the Signal does not have a proper texture; the player equips the Signal in their inventory as they would a compass or thermometer, once equipped, the beacon for that particular Signal will be visible. An item symbol, however, exists. The Signal takes up one inventory slot.