Signals are pings that direct the player to significant parts of the map. These take the player to important story locations, as well as to various different areas where helpful resources might be found. Signals can be enabled and disabled using the PDA's Ping Manager. Their colors can also be customized, like other pings.
By using the Signal, the player is notified of:
- Lifepod 2 - CTO Yu reported sinking 500m before abandoning her lifepod
- Lifepod 3 - Crew reported their seaglide damaged
- Lifepod 4 - Zero lifesigns. Recommend investigation
- Lifepod 6 - Crew requested assistance in surviving radiation
- Lifepod 7 - Aurora crewmember requested assistance
- Lifepod 12 - Sunk beyond 250m
- Lifepod 13 - Carrying Mongolian emissary Jochi Khasar
- Lifepod 17 - Crew reported the Seamoth bay collapsed around them
- Lifepod 19 - Second Officer Keen's last broadcast location
- Aurora Rendezvous Point (Floating Island)
- Energy Pulse Source (Quarantine Enforcement Platform)
- Alien Disease Research Facility (Disease Research Facility)
- Thermal Plant (Precursor Thermal Power Generator)
- Primary Alien Facility (Primary Containment Facility)
The nature and the exact distance to the object are displayed on the HUD like a visual text similar to the one of a Beacon is displayed on the screen just without the blip. It seems that each Signal is bound to a single object.
- Signals were originally held in the inventory as items.