The Shuttlebug has three long flippers at the back end, with three legs in front surrounding a large eye. The sides of each flipper are adorned with a pattern which gives a bright orange bioluminescent glow.
When idle, Shuttlebugs will swim around and sometimes latch on to the ground or any other surface. If latched on, they will walk around until the player comes close to them.
- In future updates, Shuttlebug eggs will spawn naturally in their respective biomes.
Data Bank EntryEdit
A common scavenger at the base of the food chain.
Assessment: Harmless, presence may indicate nearby cave systems
- In early development, they were also known as Shuttle Crawlers and Jumpers.
- The Shuttlebug's name may be a reference to the projectile in the sport badminton, called a "shuttle", which the Shuttlebug somewhat resembles.
- They were initially intended to sometimes pair together until one of the pair would die. Whether this behaviour will ever be implemented is unknown. [Citation needed]
- Another concept behaviour was that they would hide in Creepvines when feeling threatened - again, it is unknown if this will ever be implemented. [Citation needed]
- The scrapped Snap creature would have been used to tame Shuttlebugs and make them follow you around - this may have been re-oriented towards the Peeper-Stalker interaction (where the player can "tame" Stalkers by feeding them). [Citation needed]
- ↑ https://trello.com/c/P4crHlwk/488-create-creature-portrait-card Dated March 3, 2014.