|The subject of this article was not implemented in Version 1.0 and information is limited!|
The Rock Puncher has a bulky body, entirely armoured, it has six articulated feet and two arms at the front. Attached to the arms are two large masses, presumably these are used to deliver powerful strikes against hard objects. As punching the rocks, it would remove it or "terraform".
The Rock Puncher has four eyes at the front and two mandibles underneath the eyes. At its back, it has a shrimp-like tail. The Rock Puncher's underside is gray with a green shade while its back is yellow with red patterns. Its arms and legs are an orange-red hue, with their ends being a dark brown color.
- Implementation was uncertain due to the removal of terraforming, which was a major aspect of the Rock Puncher's behaviour. It seems now it may be implemented in the upcoming Expansion, though what purpose it will serve is not known. Cory Strader has since stated that there is a high chance of it being implemented.
- The Rock Puncher's design is most likely based on the mantis shrimp.
- Early animations for the Rock Puncher can be found here.
- Gamefiles refer to the Rockgrub as "Rock Puncher Larva" but an early Trello card refers to them as "RockPuncher Food" .
- ↑ https://trello.com/c/ebmQyziR/407-rockpuncher-food-anims Dated August 16, 2014.