|This article is about the Propulsion Cannon. You may be looking for the Repulsion Cannon or the PRAWN Suit Upgrade.|
The Propulsion Cannon takes up four slots in the player's Inventory.
The main function of the Propulsion Cannon is to attract and launch objects with its beam, including small Life Forms and Harvesting Nodes on a range of up to 19 meters. It is also used to clear debris barring the player's path in the Aurora and some wrecks.
Objects can be suspended via the Propulsion Cannon by pressing the right mouse button when aiming at the object. The player can then launch the object by pressing the right mouse button again. "F" simply releases the item without adding momentum.
Attracted objects can also be picked up by the player, making it easier for the player to catch fish, sinking materials or hard to reach items.
By pressing 'F' the player can load certain items from their inventory into the Propulsion Cannon and use them as ammunition.
If a Bleeder latches onto the player's arm, the player can use the Propulsion Cannon to grab the Bleeder, which is then held by the Propulsion Cannon.
Fragment Locations Edit
The fragments of Propulsion Cannon are:
- On the floor at the entrance of the Aurora
- In a wreck at coordinates (1155 -159 -740)
- In a wreck between underwater islands at coordinates (-110 -180 860)
- In a wreck on a mushroom forest at coordinates (-645 -110 774 )
The Propulsion Cannon has an energy level which can be replenished with a Battery. While picking up objects does not drain the energy, holding objects with the Propulsion Cannon drains the energy level by 1% every 1.3 seconds. Launching objects depletes the energy level by 4% per launch.
The Propulsion Cannon will recharge as you swim if you have the Swim Charge Fins equipped.
Uses in CraftingEdit
Data Bank Entry Edit
The propulsion cannon allows technicians to manipulate gravitational forces at ranges of up to 20m. It is commonly used in construction and mining to move materials.
For a more complete gallery, visit Propulsion Cannon/Gallery.
- The Propulsion Cannon has many similarities to the Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator or Gravity Gun from the Half-Life Series. The developers have even used it as a design inspiration.
- ↑ https://trello.com/c/rG57ovhB/238-dna-sandbox Dated March 5, 2015.
- ↑ https://trello.com/c/d9QkTWfN/3325-prototype-propulsion-gun Dated January 7, 2015.