The Planet is a research outpost set up by the Precursor Race meant to study and is currently plagued by a bacterium called the Carar Bacterium. The Carar Bacterium is a highly infectious alien bacterium discovered by the Precursors.
Planet 4546B is completely covered in water, save for a few islands, and features a variety of submerged biomes. The Aurora is located a few meters above the surface, in relatively shallow water.
The planet features a full ecosystem of flora and fauna, as well as having two moons, one being very close to the planet, causing frequent solar eclipses. However, this is only a very small area of the planet; located in a dormant volcanic crater, approximately 2km in diameter. The rest of the ocean is known as the Dead Zone, it is extremely deep and nearly devoid of life, supporting only microscopic life forms, and Ghost Leviathans. It is unknown whether any similar areas of life exist elsewhere on the planet.
See Storyline for further information.
Data Bank Entry
|4546B Environment Scan|
- Planet 4546B is most likely located in the Habitable Zone, a section in a solar system where life can thrive.
- However, given the size of the sun seen during the loading screen, it is not possible for Planet 4546B to be within the Habitable Zone, but the ingame sun appears to be closer than in the loading screen. This is most likely a developer oversight, or purely artistic representation.
- Another likely explanation is that the star 4546 is actually behind the viewer's perspective, out of the image.
- According to IAU convention, this planet would be the first planet discovered to orbit the star 4546 (the convention says nothing of orbital proximity).
- Planet 4546B may be based on the real-life planet Gliese 1214B, as both appear similar in appearance, and are both "water worlds".