The Picture Frame is a decorative Miscellaneous Item that is constructed with the Habitat Builder and placed inside a Cyclops or a Seabase module. It allows the player to display pictures that they have taken with their PDA. The Picture Frame can be set to display either a single picture or a slideshow.
How to Use
- Set up a photo shot.
- Press to take a picture.
- Face the Picture Frame and press . This will open the PDA to the "Photo Manager" tab.
- Select the desired photo and choose "upload." The photo will appear in the Picture Frame's display.
While the Picture Frame is intended to display screenshots taken in-game, the player can also have it display their own images.
To import a custom image, simply move the image into the game's screenshots folder. The folder's location is different depending on whether Subnautica is installed on Windows or Mac (see below). For the photo to fit in the Picture Frame properly, it must have a 16:9 aspect ratio (1920x1080 resolution, for example).
Once the player has imported their image, it will appear in-game in the "Photo Manager" tab of the PDA. The player can then display it on a Picture Frame the same way they would display an in-game screenshot.
On Windows, screenshot images are stored at:
- (Steam game folder)\SteamApps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\SNAppData\SavedGames\slot(xxxx)\screenshots
- (Steam game folder)\SteamApps\common\Subnautica\SNAppData\SavedGames\slot(xxxx)\screenshots
depending on which release the player has.
On Mac, the location is under the Steam game folder at:
- (Steam game folder)/steamapps/common/Subnautica/Subnautica.app/Contents/SNAppData/SavedGames/slot(xxxx)/screenshots
Note: Subnautica.app is the game application itself (this may be a bug and has been reported). To access the folder, right-click the app and choose "Show Package Contents."
- The bottom of the Picture Frame reads "Alterra."