A power source is needed to be able to dock vehicles. The vehicles will also be charged from the base's Energy if in Freedom Mode, Survival Mode, or Hardcore Mode, at a cost of 200 Energy to completely fill a depleted Power Cell. The vehicle's Power Cells will be recharged at a much faster rate than if one were to use a Power Cell Charger.
It is recommended to have an appropriate amount of space between the bottom of the Moonpool and the sea floor. A Seamoth will require a fair amount of space to avoid crashing into the seafloor when it ejects, but a Prawn Suit will need to easily reach the Moonpool with its thrusters.
The Moonpool also allows the player to access their base via two ladders on either end. This allows the player to freely exit and enter the Seabase outside their vehicle without needing to use the hatch.
The Vehicle Modification Station can only be constructed in the Moonpool. It allows the player to customize their docked vehicle, as well as fabricate upgrades for it.
- Hatches can be placed on the side-panels.
- Windows can be placed on the side-panels.
- Reinforcements can be placed on the side-panels.
- Wall Planters can be placed on the side-panels
- Moonpools can be placed on the side-panels
- Basic Compartments can be placed on the side-panels
- The Moonpool can be expanded with other modules from its six side-panels.
- The Vehicle Modification Station can only be constructed in the Moonpool on one of the side-panels.
Data Bank Entry
The moonpool is an essential module for long-term exploration. Its primary function is as a dry dock for small vehicles such as the Seamoth and Prawn suit.
The large central chamber contains a pressurized pool which provides ready access to the surrounding waters, and comes as standard with equipment for raising and recharging a vehicle.
When outfitted with a vehicle modification station the moonpool can be used to build and equip vehicle upgrades.