|This article is about the player's Lifepod. You may be looking for the Destroyed Lifepods.|
During the intro sequence, the player climbs inside the Lifepod to escape the crash of the Aurora. During the crash, a panel flies off the opposite wall, exposing wires and slamming into the player's face, knocking him out. The player wakes up three hours later and quickly notices that the Lifepod is on fire, and puts it out with a Fire Extinguisher. The Lifepod then becomes the player's starting location.
The Lifepod has two opening hatches: one on the ceiling, which can be reached from the inside by climbing a ladder, and another in the floor and submerged. The internals of the vessel suffered damages during the crash and are smoldering after a fire erupted inside. The Lifepod Systems and the radio can be repaired using the Repair Tool, turning on the lights in the pod and enabling messages respectively.
The Lifepod houses a Fabricator which will be visited often until the player builds a Seabase, a small amount of storage with a few pieces of survival equipment and rations, a Fire Extinguisher which is used to put out the fire in the beginning of the game, a mounted Medical Kit Fabricator generating First Aid Kits every thirty minutes and a mounted radio receiving and broadcasting emergency messages and distress calls.
Energy is provided to the Lifepod by three Solar Power Cells on the bulkhead, with a capacity of 25 Energy each. These Power Cells cannot be removed. The Fabricator will drain energy from the Power Cells when used (except in Creative Mode), and they will recharge themselves over time.
Data Bank Entry
NB Some lifepods may be equipped with different supplies, such as radiation suits and replacement parts. Board the right lifepod for the right situation.
- The Lifepod is fitted with two seats, although only one seat is used by one person: the player (Ryley).
- The Lifepod is missing several items from its standard provisions inventory: one Scanner, one Nutrient Block, one Filtered Water bottle, one Flashlight and the assorted replacement parts. It has however an additional Flare.
- The various equipment aboard the Lifepod are branded with the Alterra logo.
- When exiting the Lifepod through the bottom hatch for the first time, a Rabbit Ray and two catchable Holefish are spawned.
- If the Lifepod is not repaired using a Repair Tool, it will drift throughout the ocean.