The Habitat Builder allows the player to build a variety of stationary items. It is a crucial tool for the deployment of Seabases and the customization of the interiors of both Seabases and the Cyclops.
The Habitat Builder requires a Battery to operate, and objects cannot be constructed/deconstructed if the battery is depleted.
If a Bleeder latches onto the player's arm, the player can use the Habitat Builder to hit the Bleeder.
How to UseEdit
- to open the Builder menu
- Select the desired tab: Base Pieces, Exterior Modules, Interior Pieces, Interior Modules or Miscellaneous
- Select an item
- Point the Builder at wherever the item should be placed until an outline appears
- Press or to rotate the object (if applicable)
- Press to place the outline
- Continue building the item by holding the
- Placed items can also be deconstructed by pointing the Builder at them and holding , this only applies if the text "Hold to Deconstruct" appears on the screen. This also gives back all resources used in the building process.
Uses in CraftingEdit
Potential Future Recipes Edit
These items can be seen the Tech Chart image of the developers Trello page.
Data Bank EntryEdit
The Alterra handheld habitat builder has been an essential tool of xenoscientists, colonists and emergency relief crews across 11 different trans-govs for more than 50 years.
Quick-Build Habitats: A home far, far away from home.
Habitat modules are hermetically sealed from the outside environment, and may be built on land, underwater, or in a vacuum. Power generators are not fitted as standard and must be built separately. Most capital ships carry a full complement of advanced modules and reactors for quick deployment in the field. Habitats can be enhanced to become long-term homes, remote research stations, defensive outposts and more.
- The idea for the Habitat Builder may be taken from Natural Selection 2, where the Builder is used to create various machinery, much like Subnautica's.
- And thus, the Habitat Builder's former name was the Builder.