There is a large variety of Fauna, ranging from the minuscule, glowing Rockgrub that dwells in caves, to the colossal Sea Dragon Leviathan that spews molten minerals from its mouth. Fauna on Planet 4546B are capable of enduring and adapting to various environments, although unable to thrive along Carar.
Fauna on Planet 4546B only have one gender that is capable of both laying eggs and fertilising them. Two parents are still needed in the majority of cases.
Future Plans Edit
- In future updates, DNA can be extracted from various fauna, using the Transfuser, in order to create diverse serums, each with unique effects and implementations in various upgrades.
Current list of fauna in-game Edit
Scavengers & ParasitesEdit
|Shoal of Fish||Passive|
|Sea Emperor Leviathan||-|
|Sea Emperor Juvenile||Passive||
Possible Post 1.0 Additions Edit
- Fauna were intended to posses inherent attributes, that would have caused them to exhibit unique behaviors. These included, e.g., "Fertile" (occasionally lay eggs that can be hatched), "Alpha" (attacked the player if other creatures were killed by the player in the immediate vicinity), "Complex" (specimens take longer to scan), "Greater" (specimens are of larger size and weight), ... Whether these attributes are currently implemented or will be implemented in future updates is unknown.
- As of the Dangerous Creatures update, all fauna have yellow blood. Before this update, fauna had red blood. This is due to the ESRB giving Subnautica a higher rating than expected due to red blood.
- The Cutefish is currently the only obtainable pet fauna in development, which is obtainable through the debug console and will only be granted to players whom purchased the early access version or the special edition of Subnautica.
- If you hold a small animal in your hand when a carnivorous fauna is about to attack, it will eat the animal out of your hand, instead of attacking you.