The Cute Fish's body is small, grey in color on the dorsal side, has a white bioluminescent glow on the ventral side, and the white stripe running down its forehead and back. It has a sightly bloated belly and possesses no dorsal or caudal fins, sporting only a stubby pair of pectoral fins. Its body also features many small, wart-like lumps.
The Cute Fish's head has two black, slightly bulging eyes, along with a wide mouth and two small holes that seem to be nostrils.
At the end of the Cute Fish's body there are five tentacles that have the same body color pattern. A white bio-luminescent stripe is seen running along the length of its body, from the top of its head to its rear-side.
The Cute Fish will use its tentacles to propel itself in any direction and will swim around aimlessly on its own, but it will group together with other Cute Fish, it also seems to have a fear of the Stalker, and can be observed quickly swimming away if it gets close to one. The Cute Fish will follow the player around, darting in circles and letting out various chirping noises.
- Cute Fish eggs may be implemented in the future.
Data Bank EntryEdit
This thing defies categorization. But it seems to like you.
- Originally, the Cute Fish was going to be a pet only given to Early Access players or those buying the Special Edition. However, this was changed as the developers did not have time to implement the Special Edition.
- The sounds of the Cute Fish are similar to those of a human baby.
- The Cute Fish was originally the first Crashfish, as seen in the Concept Art, however, the developers thought that it was "too cute", and thus created the Crashfish, and made the Cute Fish a pet.
- It may have been inspired by the porcupine fish because of their similar faces, the spines on their bodies, and how the Cute Fish puffs up in its concept art.
- On the Sketchfab page, Cute Fish is spelled "Qute Fish." This is a result of the modeler misspelling it, as English was not their native language. 
- A Cute Fish egg can be found on Sketchfab.
- Before it was decided that the Cute Fish would be a pet, it was planned to spawn in the Twisty Bridges.
- The name "Cute Fish" is likely temporary. [Citation needed]
- It use to be able to be picked up. This does not work now because the Cute Fish does special tricks and the way to use the animations was the same way on how to pick it up. It can still be spawned as an item with the debug command: Item Cute Fish.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSJh6apfm84&list=LL8LYuKlSOl7WGTEc1JvVFUg&index=4 Dated May 13, 2016.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSJh6apfm84&index=4&list=LL8LYuKlSOl7WGTEc1JvVFUg Dated May 13, 2016.
- ↑ http://imgur.com/a/C13Jn