The Habitat Builder allows the player to build a variety of stationary items. It is a crucial tool for the deployment of Seabases and the customization of the interiors of both Seabases and the Cyclops.
The Habitat Builder requires a Battery to operate, and objects cannot be constructed/deconstructed if the battery is depleted.
If a Bleeder latches onto the player's arm, the player can use the Habitat Builder to hit the Bleeder.
How to Use
- to open the Habitat Builder menu
- Select the desired tab: Base Pieces, Exterior Modules, Interior Pieces, Interior Modules or Miscellaneous
- Select an item
- Point the Habitat Builder at wherever the item should be placed until an outline appears
- Press or to rotate the object (if applicable)
- Press to place the outline
- Continue building the item by holding the
- Placed items can also be deconstructed by pointing the Habitat Builder at them and holding , this only applies if the text "Hold to Deconstruct" appears on the screen. This also gives back all resources used in the building process.
Uses in Crafting
Possible Post v1.0 Additions
Data Bank Entry
The Alterra handheld habitat builder has been an essential tool of xenoscientists, colonists and emergency relief crews across 11 different trans-govs for more than 50 years.
Quick Start Guide:
Primary habitat systems like oxygen generation and flood control, as well as modules like the fabricator draw power and will not function without it. Additional compartments reduce overall hull integrity, depending on the external pressure.
'Quick-Build Habitats: A home far, far away from home.'
- The idea for the Habitat Builder may be taken from Natural Selection 2, where the Builder is used to create various machinery, much like Subnautica's.
- And thus, the Habitat Builder's former name was the Builder.