Blood Grass is a flora species found exclusively in the Grassy Plateaus in great abundance, which in turn derives the biome's name from the large, widespread patches of Blood Grass.
It can also be found growing on the carapace of the Reefbacks.
Blood Grass consists of a small group of dull red blades of tall grass. They tend to grow close to each other, forming vast patches.
Data Bank Entry
A common sea grass adapted to shallow, sandy environments.
- Likely to grow wherever the ground is too loose or the ocean surface too far for creepvines to take hold
- Commonly found growing on the crests of dunes and atop raised plateaus for superior access to sunlight
- Distinctive red coloration may be an adaptation to low wavelength light on the seabed, a deterrent against predators, or both
- Insufficient calories for human consumption
Assessment: Presence supports healthy biodiversity
Different types of Blood Grass
Size comparison with the player
as seen in the official Concept Art
of the Grassy Plateaus
- Blood Grass was initially intended to release a "red smoky dye" when touched. Whether this will be implemented in future updates is unknown. [Citation needed]