Blood Grass is a flora species found exclusively in the Grassy Plateaus in great abundance, which in turn derives the biome's name from the large, widespread patches of Blood Grass.
Blood Grass consists of a small group of dull red blades of tall grass. They tend to grow close to each other, forming vast patches.
Data Bank Entry Edit
A common sea grass adapted to shallow, sandy environments.
- Likely to grow wherever the ground is too loose or the ocean surface too far for creepvines to take hold
- Commonly found growing on the crests of dunes and atop raised plateaus for superior access to sunlight
- Distinctive red coloration may be an adaptation to low wavelength light on the seabed, a deterrent against predators, or both
- Insufficient calories for human consumption
Assessment: Presence supports healthy biodiversity
Different types of Blood Grass
Size comparison with the player
as seen in the official Concept Art
of the Grassy Plateaus
- Blood Grass was initially intended to release a "red smoky dye" when touched. Whether this will be implemented in future updates is unknown. [Citation needed]