|This article is about the Blighter. You may be looking for the Biter.|
Much like its relative, the Blighter is a very territorial creature and will attack the player when nearby.
The Blighter closely resembles a Biter, with a few differences which, in general, give it a far more menacing appearance:
- Its eyes have dark brown sclera and milky-white pupils, giving off a "zombified" look.
- Its body is golden-ish brown on the dorsal side with a pale white underbelly.
- On its front, a short protrusion emitting a dull red bioluminescent glow is featured.
The Blighter's main differentiating traits from the Biter are its slower speed and smaller aggressive range, which may be a result of its blindness. The Blighter does not share the Biter's pack-forming mentality, preferring to hunt as individuals. It slowly patrols its vicinity and often emits ghastly screeches and hisses. The Blighter will attack creatures that come too close, dealing 7 damage to the player.
Data Bank Entry
- The Blighter has a similar appearance to both the Angler Fish and the Tadpole.
- The word blight, when used as a verb, means to spoil, harm, or destroy. It also is linked with fungal infections which, coupled with its appearance, may be hinting at fungi such as ophiocordyceps unilateralis, also known as "zombie fungus" which parasitises ants.