The Anchor Pod is comprised of a suspended blue orb, with a jade green pattern on it, held in a maroon colored net of what appear to be its roots.
Anchor Pods emit a bright cyan-green bioluminescent glow.
Data Bank Entry
These unusual flora specimens have been encountered exclusively on the deep reefs. They consist of a large, spherical, gas-filled membrane, anchored to the sea floor by its root system. At these depths it is unlikely this structure is designed to enhance access to sunlight, but rather the pods' ability to propagate. Once the pods attain sufficient height they burst, releasing spores which catch the currents and disperse around the local area.
- Anchor Pods were originally named Floating Stones.
- It was originally envisioned that the Anchor Pods would explode upon impact, thus creating a natural underwater minefield. This may no longer be implemented.
- Anchor Pods used to be much larger on average than the current ones in the game.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t-QxJaXbzIV-7pcDRz6eL3vFf5I5s4eLDxAstF84VLg/edit#gid=0 Dated April 9, 2016.
- ↑ Cory Strader talks about the Floating Stones on the Subnautica Forum, Dated June 30, 2016